Plus, receive special offers and more.
- Manchmal: Biographische Notizen oder die Geschichte einer Gesundung Sommer 1999 - Sommer 2000 (German Edition);
- Consumption, Informal Markets, and the Underground Economy: Hispanic Consumption in South Texas (Palgrave Pivot);
- Happiness doesnt come by waiting The greatest strength of life is nothing O=O: Humanity now has a new beginning!!
- Jesus, the Middle Eastern Storyteller | Zondervan Academic.
- Jesus, the Middle Eastern Storyteller.
- Best Selling;
- ENTRE GOZOS Y REBOZOS. RECUENTOS DEL CAMPO (Spanish Edition).
- Jesus, the Middle Eastern Storyteller by Gary M. Burge, Chapter 1 | Bible | Jesus;
- A Prodigal Return?
- 50 Fun Bedtime Stories for 3 - 7 years old (For Bedtime and Young Readers).
- The Golden Woman: A Story of the Montana Hills.
Jesus, the Middle Eastern Storyteller Softcover. Gary M. The first volume in the Ancient Context, Ancient Faith series drives to the heart of readers desire to know the culture behind the Scriptures.
Jesus, the Middle Eastern Storyteller – ChurchSource
Colorful maps, photos, and illustrations enhance the context of the times that shaped Jesus vivid communication of core truths. This expert guide is an invaluable resource for study groups, teachers, leaders, and inquiring Christians who want to dig deeper and enrich their spiritual life. Customer Reviews. Write a review.
Ask a question. Pricing policy About our prices. We're committed to providing low prices every day, on everything.
So if you find a current lower price from an online retailer on an identical, in-stock product, tell us and we'll match it. See more details at Online Price Match. Email address. Please enter a valid email address. Walmart Services.
Etta G. Wilson
Get to Know Us. As the early church moved away from the original cultural setting of the Bible and found its home in the west, Christians lost touch with the ancient world of the Bible.
Cultural habits, the particulars of landscape, even the biblical languages soon were unknown. And the cost was enormous: Christians began reading the Bible as foreigners and missing the original images and ideas that shaped a biblical worldview. Here Gary M. Burge explores primary motifs from the biblical landscape—geography, water, rock, bread, etc.
Much more than documents.
The Bible and the Land explores a series of primary cultural motifs that contributed to the ancient biblical worldview. One of the more surprising features of Jesus' ministry was his willingness to have personal encounters with people. And one of the most unique features of the Gospels is the unexpected stories that detail Jesus' regular interruptions. These "interruptions" came in the form of people from all walks of life—young, old, rich, poor, sick, healthy, riddled with sin, or saddled by self-righteousness.
Encounters with Jesus explores the interactions between Jesus and the everyday people of the ancient biblical world.